Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cleveland rocks and cornhole boards

I'm way overdue for an update. I have a lot of thoughts going through my head lately and I spend a lot of time thinking on the past and planning the future. First of all, Cleveland rocked. I've attended every spring assembly for Province V in Kappa Psi since 1996 and this past one was one of the most memorable. Buffalo in 2000 was memorable because I was elected Satrap and it was in my hometown and we partied hard like it was 1999. Both Lexington were memorable because they were just fun and in 2001 I was not Satrap anymore and well, mudd met beaver and made muddy beaver, and well muddy beaver is just good. But there was just something about Cleveland. Maybe because Matt and I stopped at a brewpub on the way down for some beers. Maybe it was the corn hole tournament on Friday night with my face on one of the boards and the "sobriety" bracket named after me. Maybe it was the "old school" dancing Saturday night or the brotherhood I experienced with my friends but what ever it was it was fun. The highlight was the corn hole board though. To me, it meant a lot to be recognized and the board is just cool. I just need to find away to hang it up in my house. If my entertainment center wasn't so large, I'd totally hang it over my tv, but then again, that would seem a little too frat house for me. I was pleasantly surprised by how elections turned out. The quality of the collegiate brothers never fails to amaze me. I've talked with a few from outside Gamma Iota and the brother's I've talked too are all quality. Even the Gamma Iota brothers always impress me more and more. The past few years, the same people and same graduates have been dominating the province executive committee. It was great to see a lot of turnover and fresh faces get elected to it. I'm even proud of a fellow Gamma Iota brother for trying. While I thought Ann should have got elected, that was one of the few positions I did not predict correctly. One thing I did notice, is that you know you have been friends with someone for a long time when you mention a chapter name and they know exactly which brother from that chapter you think is cute.

In other news, Battlestar looks awesome for its final season. I really like the way it is heating up and the questions it is raising. That show deals with very contemproy issues facing humanity in a way that makes you stop and think and then draw parallels to today.

No comments: