Saturday, August 30, 2014

365 days of fitness.

Wow, over 5 years since my last update.  I decided in reflection to restart my blog and chronicle my efforts at leading a healthier lifestyle and getting my body into better physical shape.  I'll also blog any other random thought that goes through my mind,  I know That's a scary thought!  Thanks for reading this far.

As of today, I have been 39 for 7 days.  This week has been one of reflection.  Most of my time has been spent obsessing about my weight and lack of love life, not a good combination.

First thing was accepting myself at my current weight.  That is not easy for me since I don't like how I look or how much I weigh.  But it's a starting point.  I am being mindful of why I eat.  I am trying not to eat my emotions which is harder at work than at home.  My coach at CrossFit is they type that eats to fuel himself and doesn't eat foods that don't get him to his goal.  I am the opposite.  I am an emotional eater.  Will I ever get to the point, where I eat for fuel alone, I don't think so.  But I am going to work on eating clean and healthy the majority of the time and when I splurge make sure it's done with thought.  I don't want to eat off my plan just because I am stressed or because it's Friday and the easy thing to do.  IT will need to be a conscious decision  and a more special occasion.

The second thing I decided is reflected in the title of this post.  I decided that I will do some sort of physical activity every day for my 39th year.  So far some days have just been push ups and sit ups.  It's a start but I am trying and I've been successful for 7 days so far.  Tomorrow morning I'm taking a few before pictures.  I won't post them yet, but look for them in the future with some pictures of my progress.

The third thing that my birthday brings to mind is the state of my love life.  In a few days it will be 3 years since I've dated anyone seriously.  Due to the timing of the break up shortly after my birthday, it always weighs on my mind this time of year.  While the break up was a good thing, being single for so long always makes me wonder what is wrong with me.  On the plus side I have a wonderful support system of family and friends but the nights are lonely.

Well I think that's enough for now, Dr Who comes on soon, and I have some burpees to do as well as some house cleaning.



No comments: